Scriptural Imperatives for Continuing Spiritual Growth
- Internalizing the Word – (Joshua 1:8, James 1:18-25).
- Infilling of the Holy Spirit – (Ephesians 5:18).
- Intimacy with the Father – (Psalm 27:4 ).
- Intentional involvement in the world mission of Christ – (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Interrelating with others to share your life – (1Thess. 2:8).
- Investing your money with the Lord – (Matthew 6:19-20).
- Identification with, support of, and service in, a local church – (Hebrews 10:25).
- Intense devotion to one’s family, especially his wife – (Ephesians 5:25-32).
- Intentional discipline of the physical body – (1 Corinthians 9:27).
- Instant repentance and cleansing from all sin – (Matthew 5:4, 1 John 1:9)
At M3 we are seeking to, “Discipline ourselves for the purpose of godliness” (1 Tim. 4:7b). The areas in which we are seeking to do this include but are not limited to the 10 Scriptural Imperatives for Continuing Spiritual Growth listed above. We also understand that the spiritual disciplines are not an end, but the means to an end. Our “doing” the spiritual disciplines doesn’t make us holy…the spiritual disciplines help us to know Jesus and to have a deeper more intimate relationship with Him, and it is Jesus who makes us holy. Everything we do at M3 is for the purpose of Knowing and Following Jesus.